Written by the students of Fitch High School and trusted since 1928

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

Fitch Has Spirit

Fitch students participate for PJ Day (credit: Yearbook Club)

GROTON, Conn., Sept 25th – 29th; Fitch High School held its annual Spirit week and Pep Rally to raise spirit for the Homecoming game.

Spirit week started on Monday , Sept. 25 going on through Friday, Sept. 29 Each day, the students of Fitch wore and brought things according to what Spirit day it was. Monday was PJ Day, Tuesday was Anything but a Backpack day, Wednesday was Barbie day, Thursday was Jersey Day, and Friday was Class Color Day. 

At the end of Spirit Week, the fall Pep Rally was held. Students from all grades gathered in the big gym to participate in games or to show school spirit. Even teachers and security officers participated in all the fun activities.  There was Knockout, Hockey, a cheer routine, and other fun activities during the rally. And at the conclusion of the rally, there was an announcement for the winning class of spirit week. 

Most students participated in Spirit week and its Pep rally, with many going all out for each of the events ahead of the Homecoming game and dance.