Written by the students of Fitch High School and trusted since 1928

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

Fitch Homecoming 2023: A Recap

Alexander Knets
Fitch students enjoy music and dancing at Homecoming.

GROTON. Conn –  More than 400 Fitch High School students gathered inside of the school’s two gyms for a night of dancing and fun. 

The event, taking place on Sept. 30 and lasting from 7-10 p.m., was filled with excited students. On the cool September night, the lines were out the door for check-in. Many volunteers rallied to make the night possible. Teachers supervised and students worked the snack stand and check-in tables.

“It was popular music, It was good,” said sophomore Celes Hyzer .“The students were really excited.”The DJ hired by the school played songs that made the crowd of students go wild. These songs in question were “Just Wanna Rock” by Lil Uzi Vert, “Starships” by Nicki Minaj, along with others. While the songs changed throughout the night, the one constant was dancing high school students. 

“Dancing at homecoming was really fun and alive,” said 10th grade student Sammy Morin. 

The energy was up in the ‘small’ gym where the main dancing occurred. In the other gym, students who didn’t want to dance or needed a break, could play lawn games and get their picture taken. 

From fluorescent lights to colorful balloons, the entire big gym was decorated to the nines. “I thought the balloons were a nice touch,” said sophomore Aurora Budenos, “I really liked the photo prop and the lights inside the balloons were cool.” These decorations added to the already buzzing social atmosphere. 

While the actual night of homecoming is the big event, before and after the dance add extra excitement. Formal attire shopping, getting ready with friends, pictures, meals, and sleepovers are all pre and post activities that make the night a little more special.