Written by the students of Fitch High School and trusted since 1928

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

My Time With The Falcon Press
My Time With The Falcon Press
Rafael Romero, Social Media Editor • May 24, 2024
 Charlotte Beaulieu and Dominick Zuliani were voted Prom Queen and King at this past weekends junior prom.
Junior Prom A Glowing Success
Isabel Gustavson, Staff Writer • May 24, 2024
A Salute To Our Departing Staff, 2024
A Salute To Our Departing Staff, 2024
Rick Pecka, Editor-In-Chief • May 23, 2024

Pressure Increases as Senior Decisions Close In

Groton, CONN – As May approaches, many seniors are scrambling to make their decisions on college, the work force, and the military. 

Fitch High School has over 200 seniors all with different visions for their futures. Many seniors are planning on going to college and are facing the complicated task of deciding which ones to choose. Others are evening figuring out things like the work force or even the military.

As several seniors hurry to make their decisions they have several resources to help them. Numerous students go to the guidance center here at Fitch to assist them. 

“I just used my college and career counselor, Ms. Allanach, and my counselor to help me,” said senior Isaiah Rodriguez. “I think Ms. Allanach’s caring personality makes you feel like you’re sure of what you’re doing. It helps with the stressful decisions of college.”

On the other hand, Seniors going into the workforce have a different, but similarly positive perspective on senior decisions. 

“I think the school does a good job helping students that are looking into the workforce and making sure they have just the right support just as students who would be going into college,” said senior Josmary Fransisco. “With this support, I am not as stressed since this is all new to me when entering the adult world.” 

Decision day carries a mix of emotions for students. This comes as students prepare for end of the school year events such as senior trip, prom, and of course, graduation on June 14.