Written by the students of Fitch High School and trusted since 1928

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

My Time With The Falcon Press
My Time With The Falcon Press
Rafael Romero, Social Media Editor • May 24, 2024
 Charlotte Beaulieu and Dominick Zuliani were voted Prom Queen and King at this past weekends junior prom.
Junior Prom A Glowing Success
Isabel Gustavson, Staff Writer • May 24, 2024
A Salute To Our Departing Staff, 2024
A Salute To Our Departing Staff, 2024
Rick Pecka, Editor-In-Chief • May 23, 2024

Falcon Music Department Flocks To Boston For Day Trip

BOSTON – The Fitch Falcon Music Department traveled to Boston on Saturday, April 20 for a jam-packed day trip including a variety of activities and capped with a musical performance.

Planning for the trip began back in Aug. 2023, and was something of much anticipation for many students. Participating students arrived at Fitch at 6:30 a.m. and the buses departed, the group arriving at the Boston Museum of Science at roughly 8:40 a.m. They enjoyed a guided Duck Boat Tour around the city, in which the vehicle drove both on the road and in the water, to start the trip. The tour guides provided historical facts about the city while keeping students engaged with trivia questions and comedy, even letting a handful of students drive the boats if they answered questions correctly.

After returning to the Museum, students had a few hours to explore the exhibits, grab snacks at the cafeteria, and buy souvenirs at the gift shop. Then the group left for lunch at Fire-Ice, where they could build their own meals and watch the chefs cook it in front of their eyes. Then, to cap off the trip, the group went to see a surreal two hour performance from the Blue Man Group at Charles’ Playhouse. The show included trippy visuals, game show-esque segments with audience participation, entrancing musical sections which feature the Blue Men playing their signature strange instruments, among many other surprises. After the performance, everyone returned to the buses to begin the trip back to Fitch. After making a quick rest-stop, the buses made it back to the highschool around 9:40 p.m.

“It was a pretty positive experience if I do say so myself,” said Karl Victorino, a junior and violist in the Honors Orchestra at Fitch, “It was very well organized. Students were given a good amount of freedom to explore [the museum] and still be safe.”

Victorino is not the only student that holds this sentiment. Many participants agreed that there was a good balance between safety precautions and giving students some independence to go and check out the museum with their friends. Even staff agreed that things went phenomenal.

“Overall [the trip] was very smooth,” said Andrea Shabazian, one of two heads of the Falcon Music Department, along with Sandra Hall. “Speaking with Mrs. Hall, the plan [for future music department trips] is to do a daytrip, an overnight, and a longer overnight. So it’s a three year cycle.”

The goal for the Falcon music department is to continue to provide more enriching and enjoyable trips in the years to come.