Written by the students of Fitch High School and trusted since 1928

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

My Time With The Falcon Press
My Time With The Falcon Press
Rafael Romero, Social Media Editor • May 24, 2024
 Charlotte Beaulieu and Dominick Zuliani were voted Prom Queen and King at this past weekends junior prom.
Junior Prom A Glowing Success
Isabel Gustavson, Staff Writer • May 24, 2024
A Salute To Our Departing Staff, 2024
A Salute To Our Departing Staff, 2024
Rick Pecka, Editor-In-Chief • May 23, 2024

‘She Kills Monsters’ Comes to Fitch This Weekend

Zerek Laghari
Dress rehearsal for She Kills Monsters held in the auditorium, with Annalise Otano and Aiden Dunlap (L-R).

GROTON, Conn. — Fitch Theater Department presents the play “She Kills Monsters” this Friday at 7 p.m. Saturday at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. 

“She Kills Monsters” is a two-act play based around the death of the main character’s sister, Tilly Evans from the town of Athens, Ohio. Agnes Evans discovers a notebook left by her sister Tilly, and finds out more about Tilly’s life before she died than expected, being transported into the world of Dungeons and Dragons to fight monsters and go on a mystical adventure alongside Tilly’s friends.

Dress rehearsal for She Kills Monsters, with Katheryn Regan, Nae’King Wise, and Annalise Otano (L-R). (Zerek Laghari)

“As long as we do a good job, which I think every single person here can, and likely will do, I think that it’s going to be a great show and people are gonna love it,” said Aiden Dunlap, a junior from Marine Science Magnet High School.

“I think everyone is prepared, everyone knows what to do, we’ve mapped it out, [and] I think that if we have a lively audience,” said senior Nae’King Wise, for whom this production will be his last at Fitch. “I think it’ll go well.” 

This play differs from previous plays due to two different casts. “She Kills Monsters” has a relatively small cast, so there are two casts to give more actors an opportunity to have large roles, Cast A, and Cast B.

“I’m very excited because it’s my first show as a lead role and I think that the people are gonna love it as much as we do,” stated Regina Boutot, a sophomore, who will be playing Agnes Evans in Cast B. “I’m a little nervous about forgetting my lines, but of course that will all fade when I’m actually on stage performing.”

The production is considered PG-13 by the cast based on crude humor and language.

View Comments (1)