Written by the students of Fitch High School and trusted since 1928

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

Seeing Double: Fitch’s Twinning Teachers

Could you imagine twinning with your best friend every day for two years straight? Well, some don’t have to imagine. Twinning every day since September 2022 are Mrs. Scala and Mrs. Noreika. As some may recall, the 2021-22 school year was when hybrid and remote learning were officially over, and both students and staff alike had to stay masked while in school for the first three quarters of the year. To bring positivity to these times, Fitch’s twinning teachers arose. 

Beginning with a need for encouragement, Mrs. Noreika and Mrs. Scala started buying motivational t-shirts to wear around school. “What we found was it not only lifted our spirits, but everyone’s around us,” Said Ms. Scala “It made us smile and encouraged us to continue the tradition of twinning into this school year as well.”

In order to ensure that they’ll always be able to match, Mrs. Scala and Mrs. Noreika go shopping together to hunt down any clothes (in pairs of two) suitable for twinning. If one cannot make the shopping outing, the other will pick out two of everything in hopes of the other liking it. 

Planning can range from a call the night before, to a text the day of. Inspiration for these outfits are entirely homemade but some are inspired by holidays, national days or even school happenings. “We have not missed a day of twinning, but we have accidentally forgotten to wear the same shoes or earrings and or a black t-shirt instead of a white one,” said Scala. “But everything else matches. We even twin on vacations.”

Thanks to these twins, positivity is spread around Fitch making the school all that brighter.