Written by the students of Fitch High School and trusted since 1928

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

My Time With The Falcon Press
My Time With The Falcon Press
Rafael Romero, Social Media Editor • May 24, 2024
 Charlotte Beaulieu and Dominick Zuliani were voted Prom Queen and King at this past weekends junior prom.
Junior Prom A Glowing Success
Isabel Gustavson, Staff Writer • May 24, 2024
A Salute To Our Departing Staff, 2024
A Salute To Our Departing Staff, 2024
Rick Pecka, Editor-In-Chief • May 23, 2024

A Salute To Our Departing Staff, 2024

A Note from the Editor

Going into this year, I was excited to serve as adviser for the Falcon Press, but also nervous. Having worked as a newspaper adviser at past schools, I know how difficult it is to find students who are willing to commit and make the end product successful.

Luckily, there was no shortage of students who made our first year a fantastic one. Those who became part of our staff brought fresh ideas, perspectives, recommendations, and more to help make this site something special.

That’s why it’s so hard to see some of them go.

The best part about being a club adviser is working with students and making something grow from nothing. The worst part is having to wish them well as they pursue a life after high school, or as they move to another school.

It is with that in mind that I would like to take the time to thank them for all their hard work.

Rafael Romero was at our very first newspaper meeting, and immediately came with lots of suggestions for creating awareness about the Falcon Press while we eagerly awaited our website relaunch. You won’t find his name on any news stories, but that is only because he took the reins as Social Media Editor, and has been running our Instagram page at @fitch_falconpress. Anytime you saw a creative graphic for an article or upcoming event, that was all him. Rafael will be attending Central Connecticut State University and will be majoring in computer science.

Michala Holland was also with the Falcon Press from the get-go, and immediately came up with wonderful ideas for feature stories that detailed not only what was happening at Fitch, but also interesting topics that detailed the history of holidays, opinions on complex real world topics, and sophisticated reviews. Although currently an underclassman, Michala will be moving prior to the start of the next academic year, where she will continue her studies as a junior on track to graduate in 2026. 

I would be highly remiss if I didn’t acknowledge the seniors who came through my Journalism course and wrote great articles for their assignments that were deemed worthy of being published. Izzy Asciolla, Tessa Cantone, Mell Martinez, and Max Terry all put forth thoughtful work on a variety of stories this year, ranging from sports to snow days, and more. All of them had stories featured in the Falcon Press this year, and their hard work is appreciated. Additionally, Matthew Deichler assisted us greatly by providing his many photos from the football season, helping to add some color to our site. 

Izzy will be attending San Diego State University and majoring in psychology. Tessa will be attending the University of Tampa. Mell will be attending Three Rivers Community College and majoring in criminal justice. Max will also be attending Three Rivers and majoring in Art History. Matthew will be attending West Virginia University and majoring in sports media. 

On behalf of the entire Falcon Press staff, we would like to wish these students the best of luck as they depart Fitch and begin fresh journeys.

And to all who read their work and the work of their peers over the course of this year, thank you for making our first year special. 

Have a wonderful summer, and we look forward to resuming in the fall with new faces and stories.