Written by the students of Fitch High School and trusted since 1928

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

My Time With The Falcon Press
My Time With The Falcon Press
Rafael Romero, Social Media Editor • May 24, 2024
 Charlotte Beaulieu and Dominick Zuliani were voted Prom Queen and King at this past weekends junior prom.
Junior Prom A Glowing Success
Isabel Gustavson, Staff Writer • May 24, 2024
A Salute To Our Departing Staff, 2024
A Salute To Our Departing Staff, 2024
Rick Pecka, Editor-In-Chief • May 23, 2024

My Time With The Falcon Press

The start of a school year means the start of new clubs and classes. During the 2023-2024 school year, Mr. Pecka decided to reboot the Fitch Falcon Press and began filling slots for writers, photographers, and social media managers. 

Since my sophomore year I’d been hoping to join the school’s newspaper. Photography used to be one of my favorite things to do in my free time, and anywhere I went I always had my camera. So when I heard about the Falcon Press starting up their printers again I knew I had to jump aboard the train. 

Unfortunately, this year marks the end of my k-12 education. Like most other seniors my year became filled with an overwhelming amount of things to do. College apps, scholarship apps, other clubs, competitions, and work. 

So, I tried to make it work by joining the Falcon Press as a photographer. The plan was I would work alongside another member during football games, football games and other such during or any other school events to capture everything for the press. Sadly, this didn’t work out because I would end up only being able to focus on playing pep tunes, or any other major distractions during the games like a 42-16 game score during senior night. 

I realized that my current position wouldn’t work out. So I talked with Mr. Pecka about another idea I had in mind. 

“Considering I’m really busy I can’t continue on with my current position, but I was wondering if we would be in need of a social media editor instead?” I asked during one of my off blocks. 

Thankfully, Mr. Pecka was on board with the idea! I immediately got set up with his Canva and began production of several posts to spread the word of upcoming events, facts, and even an April Fools Joke. 

At work I’d often draft up various graphics for the insta’s, but even then it was still hard since I’m just really busy. For any rising seniors, just take note that your senior year will likely be the same. Full of things to do!

So with my senior year ending, I think it’s time for me to hang my title as “Social Media Editor.” I just want to say thanks to Mr. Pecka for being such an awesome teacher, and thanks to all who liked my posts! Haha, this is Rafael Romero. Signing out.