Written by the students of Fitch High School and trusted since 1928

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

Juniors Host Schoolwide Dodgeball Tournament

Zerek Laghari
Student athletes from the red team (left) competing against the blue team (right) in the large gym at Fitch High School.

Groton, CONN. – The Junior Class Student Council hosted a dodgeball fundraising tournament last week to raise money for future events.

The tournament was held after school on Feb. 9 in the large g

Mr. Stripling facing off against several Fitch Athletes.
(Zerek Laghari)

ym for all interested students and staff. The event costed $5 to play, and $2 to view. Overall, the tournament lasted for around one and a half hours, with the Blue Team reigning supreme after fierce competition with the Red Team.

Teams were made up by students, with sign-up sheets having been available to all during lunch waves. There were a total of four teams, with three teams made up of students, and the last team being staff members. Simple dodgeball rules were used, with a best-of-three format for each round. A bracket system was used to organize matches which ultimately led to the finals where Blue Team would win the tournament.

Notably, the staff team underperformed expectations from the bleachers despite the inclusion of a Fitch track coach, Officer Bousquet, and five other adults on the fourth team. Ms. Hodge got in on the fun as well, as another member on the staff team.

Events like these continue the Junior Class’s fundraising efforts for Junior and Senior Prom.