Written by the students of Fitch High School and trusted since 1928

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

Theater Department to Perform ‘A Smooth Takeover’

Zerek Laghari
Four backstage theater students work on painting a set piece ahead of Fitch’s musical, “A Smooth Takeover.”

GROTON, Conn. – Fitch Falcon Theater Department will present their musical “A Smooth Takeover” later this month in the Fitch High School Auditorium.

“A Smooth Takeover,” directed by Annalise Otano, Katheryn Regan, and Nae’king Wise, will run on Friday, Jan. 26. “A Smooth Takeover” is a two act musical, with a short intermission in between acts that covers the story of Mia Moore’s Radio Show, Music & Moore. Conflict arises when Mia gets a co-host, Reggie Smooth, who immediately increases the ratings of the radio show dramatically with his charismatic personality, setting off a tense rivalry between the two characters.

“It’s the first time, at least with me being at the high school, where the Drama Club wrote it’s own production to put on,” said Annalise Otano, a Senior and Student President of the Theater Department. “I think that we have a lot of really funny parts in it and I’m excited to see everyone’s reactions.”

For Otano, this will be her second-to-last high school performance at Fitch.

“I feel like the format we did, where everyone took on scenes, really embodies the different aspects of the club, because Drama Club is built up of a large group of people, and not everyone is the same,” explained Oliver Nahass, a writer for the play. ”It’s good to know that it’s not just one person’s idea, but the collective idea of the members.” 

This will be Nahass’s third production at Fitch. He previously acted in “Alibis” and “Little Shop of Horrors”.

The Groton Middle School Theatre Department is also hosting a production before springtime.