Written by the students of Fitch High School and trusted since 1928

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

The Falcon Press

Fitch Wins Homecoming Game

Fitch Wins Homecoming Game
Adonis Fine rushes down the sideline prior to a touchdown.

GROTON, Conn. – The Fitch Falcons overcame the Waterford Lancers in dominant fashion to extend their record.

Fitch defeated Waterford on Friday, Sept. 29 by a score of  41-7. This win pushed Fitch to a 3-1 record for the season so far. 

The game started out quickly, with Adonis Fine intercepting a pass and returning the ball for a touchdown. Throughout the game, the Falcons continued to hold up their defense, limiting the Lancers to only 194 rushing yards and 33 passing yards.

Similarly, Fitch’s offense had a strong performance, as well. Throughout the match, the Falcon’s offense performed very well, with 388 rushing yards and 54 passing yards. After the first quarter, the Falcons continued to dominate with one touchdown from freshman Devin Cook and two made by QB Ben Perry. Adding to the score, Gabe Carey also made an additional 5 points in extra points.

This recent win carries Fitch into their two-week break before playing Norwich Free Academy on Saturday, Oct. 14.