Falcons Pummel East Lyme 42-16 To Claim ECC Division 1 Title

All around team effort leads to Fitch clinching ECC Championship

Kaleb Jennings, Sports Correspondent

Coach Mike Ellis and his squad came out guns blazing on both sides of the ball with the defense getting multiple turnovers on downs and 2 fumble recoveries. Offensively including 2 walk-in TDs on the goal line by Sophomore QB Ben Perry. A 34 yard rush by Senior Thomas Williams would put the Falcons up a score 21-0. Williams went on to dominate this game on the ground with a stellar performance of 268 rushing yards and a hat trick of touchdowns.

Fitch kept it’s foot on the gas going into the second half with another rushing TD from Perry including a completed 2 point conversion received by Elijah Shelton. East Lyme seemed to have a little fight in them and refused to give up as they went to score 2 touchdowns throughout the 4th quarter. With the game in their hands, the Falcons put the knife in the coffin with a big drive and 2 yard TD by Williams. At this point the score was 42-16 with minimal time left, Fitch was able to enter their victory formation to run the clock out in winning fashion.

As Fitch wins its first Division 1 title since 2017, they now look onto the coming weeks as they play Capitol Prep next and end the year off with a Thanksgiving game vs the Ledyard Colonels. Although it is a time of celebration for the Falcons, there is still plenty of work to be done if they plan to keep this momentum.